Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Seventeen Day Migraine Leaves


The minute I feel better I am so enthusiastic. I write my self a note. “The 9+ Day Migraine is Gone. It left at 2pm on Thursday April 7th. I can see again!”

But then when I look at my migraine chart I realize it was a 13 Day Migraine.

And then when I look at my actual calendar, I see I was actually on Day 17.
It had been going on for several days before I started the migraine chart. Back when I did not realize I was going to hell.

Back when Dr. Chenitz pushed on my head and sparked wild fires and a tsunami.

Since I am on Day 5 of the steroids, Dr. Raab and I spoke and I told her I was happy that it seemed like now the migraine was leaving and I was just back to the bad right side head pain. I said my period was ending and so hopefully things would get better but that I was loathe to just stop the steroids. She said I should stay on them, on a reduced dose, for 4-5 more days and that would get me to my next appointment with her, and to use the benadryl for sleep as I had done the last three nights.

Yesterday I was thinking I would need an induced coma, and today I began to think soon I can bake some bread and write some poems.

I was unable to do the MRI today because as I was getting fully situated in the not at all open “open MRI” a wall of vertigo and revulsion swept through me and almost forced me to vomit. Some primal thing. I was very disappointed as I really wanted the test.

Darlene at Atlantic Diagnostics was very sweet and understanding and after I could feel my heart pounding and my eyes watering on the outside, I decided today was not a good day to try to continue. But I also learned that that particular test was only going to look at my jaw joints, and not my upper head around and above ear at all, and so maybe that is not even the right test. She told me about how she deals with severe vertigo and that there are tests for the auditory canals to look for neuromas.

So maybe it was all just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment