Friday, April 15, 2011

Dr. Raab Visit 4



I love my neurologist.

I love that she took the time to answer my questions.
I had printed a poster of my head so I could ask her about The Lost Cameo and she very kindly said the CT scan looked normal and that those were mastoid cells, that that area was air, was space.

And she went on to turn the page around, and to say “But it does look a little like Jesus,”

Which made me laugh. And she continued, “You could get a lot of money for that!”

And we laughed further. And the conversation continued, that she could see an Afro on the cameo, and if she turned it further, “Wait, is that a penis? But I think it has a problem.”

And we laughed, and I said “It’s a Rorschach scan of my head” and that it would figure that my problem was that there was Jesus, or Jesus with an afro, or a deformed penis in my head. Oh, is that all it is? No problem!

And please understand, she wasn’t making light of me and my troubles. (Or of Jesus. Afros, or penises.) She just has this wonderful way about her. I completely enjoy her.

So she doesn’t think the blood in my nose is from the back of my head because she says there should be many more walls between those areas, and the CT scan and MRI didn’t show such problems, but she does say see another ENT, (or the same one again) because my concerns about infection could be valid.

And I could possibly try an Imitrex when the migraine roars up.

But maybe in the meantime we need a preventive as she very compassionately said, “We don’t want to lose two more weeks”, and so she advises nortryptaline at night, in consensus with Dr. Chenitz, for chronic pain, migraines, and sleep issues.

And she says it’s ok I want the Porphyria testing and to check with Dr. Ponti, and if their office can’t do it we can figure out where I can get it done.

When I told her how important it was to me to get the genetic testing, she was very kind and said, “This is the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment