Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lorna Doone Cookies of Doom


For months and years now my pain has held me hostage. It used to tell me to live day by day. Now it tells me to live hour by hour. Minute by minute. Threatening nasty thing, this Pain.

In the grocery store one day I saw some Lorna Doone cookies. I like something about the package and think they are nostalgic and have been around my whole lifetime, like some cookies we used to have after church, a long time ago.

Cookies we outgrew.

But now I think, what am I waiting for? I must get some Lorna Doone and try them.
Once I am dead, once there is no tomorrow, I will not ever regret not eating all the cookies.

Oh, here it is, what I wrote in my notebook March 6,2011 when my head was killing me.
"Lorna Doone, Cookie of Doom." I thought, "Should I? Shouldn't I? and then "What am I waiting for?" After I am dead I can't eat any more shortbread or wear any more glitter. Or have any more sex or breathe in any more fresh air. Well, I don't know. Maybe I can. But I had better do everything now. NOW! What am I waiting for? I intend to get very busy. Put nothing off.

Put nothing off.

Nothing like Severe Pain to tell you that impulse control is overrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment