Friday, April 29, 2011

Olympia Session 8


As I entered into Day 10 of head pain, I was so relieved to have a session scheduled with Olympia.

The miracle is-I know Olympia will make me feel better.

When I saw her coming down the hall I said, "Dear Pain Whisperer. I am so glad you are here. I need your services."

And she was ready for me.

She smiles at me, gives me a hug, and then gets to work.

She helps me so much it is like a miracle.

It is hard to explain. The treatment is both intensely physical and also deeply spiritual. She puts me in touch with the me who is only flesh and bone, skeleton attached to bones, tendons and sinews and flesh.

And through the work I also feel my soul.

And because some of the treatment is so darn painful, I have to believe one element of the therapy's success is that it has to really inspire the body to produce its own painkillers.

There are aspects of the treatment that are also just deeply calming.

Today I felt like she was realigning my stars.

At one point today I felt like I was wearing a ceremonial headdress, and at one point one of those bone ornaments I have seen indigenous people, especially Native Americans, wear across their chests, those bone breastplates. What is that sacred ornament called?

I did not want to leave the table after my session. I was so at peace, and so pleasantly separate from my pain, I just wanted to levitate and float away, not stand up and walk, subjecting my head and feet to gravity.

But then in my car, I found myself humming as I drove along.

A better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment