Friday, July 1, 2011

Djuna Harper


I am blessed.

I have known her a long time. She knows me well though she has not seen me in years.
But she was a helpmate in my life about a decade ago.

Today she came in and saw me on her day off.

She can handle alot.

Djuna is tall and elegant and strong and graceful. This is her body and this is her soul.

She doesn't miss a detail or a beat.

She heard it all. We covered miles and miles in a short time. A great distance in a short time.

She thinks that what happened to me in 2007 sounds like classic gall bladder, and so do I.

I still do. And I have wondered what/how to do anything about it. And it flares up and down.

She had many ideas. She is glad I am doing what I am doing. She also has other migraine experts I can see if I need more help. She also wants me to ask the doctors about Depakote, but especially maybe Lamictal. She thinks that might help me a lot.

She also thinks that it does sound like trigeminal neuralgia on top of it all and says anything I can do to calm down cranial nerves is good. Including avoiding hats and sunglases and anything that irritates. She also sincerely thinks I should get medical marijuana and I think that is a great idea, and it is legal and available in WA. This is a much more humane place. I love it here.

She also thinks it is time to leave NJ, though I had hardly mentioned our culture challenges there. She thinks we might like Texas.

She wants me to try different over the counter anti viral sinus washes to keep my head healthy and to ward off any more viruses.

I left her office feeling substantial. Realigned. She says, "I am here for you" and I feel that she is.

I had a very nice day after my session, which is saying a lot. It had been a hard morning. Nightmares of zombies all night, awakened early feeling terribly wrong, decided to drug self with codeine cough syrup to get through it, and I did and then went back to sleep. Mate and I had been fighting for days. I swear it was like the virus trying to break us up.

But then the drugged sleep, the fresh start, a little coffee, blue skies, a nice chat with mate, a session with Djuna, and a walk in Fair Haven with a good friend.
Tonight I babysat the beloved niece and nephew. Sang them songs and told them stories and tucked them into bed. And here I am.

Thank you Djuna for your help in restoring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment