Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Make –Up



For years it seemed my doctors could not understand how sick I was.
It was as if I could not convey it, and also everyone seemed to be duped, that somehow I looked ok, and so I must be generally ok.
So for this last year, when I go to the doctor I intentionally wear no make up at all.

This means my rosacea red cheeks meet the porphyria blue shadows under my eyes,
And all of it on a palette of slightly off color green skin with chartreuse highlights.

So I want the docs to see me like this.
And it seems to make a difference in how they see me.

But I don’t feel as good the rest of the day unless I cover and blend the skin together with cosmetics. And I wear the mask for other people really, because for years anyone who knew me would say, You look tired, and I would say, I am ok, its just my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment