Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awesome Hand-outs from My Mom


My Mother is a wealth of kindness and information. She had recently given me many collected articles and hand-outs which talk about using things like riboflavin to alleviate migraines. I now have an extensive Head Pain Library and even so these articles she has collected have some very new and pertinent information. To consider: high dose riboflavin, feverfew, progesterone.


I have learned that in women estrogen dominance can be a big factor in migraines.
Estrogen causes the brain to retain fluid, depletes the body of magnesium, and causes nocturnal spikes in cortisol.

There is an article on Chinese Medicine theories that migraines are caused by 'liver fire."

Also relieved that more research is being done on head pain. Fascinated by theories on cortical spreading depression, and want to learn more about the trigeminal nerves and the trigeminal nucleus.

Really need to elaborate here but am so tired of the topic. When will my head be well enough to really read and understand all that I need to? It is so hard to plow a field with a broken, exhausted organ!

No comments:

Post a Comment