Friday, June 24, 2011

i get excited about Bactrim (sulfadiazene)


6-25-11

So I am in WA and down with the plague and the more I put together the puzzle the more it seems I do have an infectious disease like Lyme and co infections etc and I have thought for over a year I just needed any treatment, trial and error, even without a diagnosis.
But when the Lyme doc said Bactrim I was stumped. Have not heard of used for Lyme etc or the co infections.
So i just kept researching teh past two weeks.
And i was reminded again that I want to be tested for toxoplasmosis.
So as i was researching toxoplasmosis, I learned that Sulfadiazene is used to treat toxoplasmosis encephalitis.
And malaria.
And meningococcal meningitis.
And as a prophylaxis against recurrence of rheumatic fever.

Sounds good.
So now if only I could get the porphria results as of course Bactrim is on the list of drugs to avoid.

Whatever the plan at this point I just have to get better, get rid of the plague, get well enough to actually pursue antibiotic therapies or joint block therapies.

I am trying to get better. I still have a lot of will.

No comments:

Post a Comment