Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Elliot Spitzer


Elliot Spitzer

What does Elliot Spitzer have to do with the name I am looking for? I have no idea.

But since Friday’s blow out of my brain I am again seeking words by association, or by the back door, as it is as if I am concussed or post stroke.
And just when I had been doing so much better in that department.

Now it is as if again, someone has come and closed part of the exhibit.
Closed for maintenance it says.
Closed until further notice.

A white gloved hand comes out and says Shh.
The maroon velvet rope is drawn.

It’s the escarole issue of earlier this year.

So I wrack my brains. For two hours I have come at this problem from various angles. I persevere, then let it all go and come back later.
What I am trying to remember is the name of a Russian singer and pianist I like.

It's not Elliot Spitzer. It's not Vera but I hang on to Vera as it is Russian and brings to mind Nabokovs wife and butterflies.

I can hear Milla Jovovich singing and so I sing in my head too, "Hello Sunshine, Please Don’t Fade Away"….and I love Milla, but that is not who I am trying to think of.

The closest I can get is Elliot Spitzer.

Also Roberta comes to mind. I can see her at the piano. Want to also call her Lola. She has reddish hair. She is young. My sister and brother also like her. She is fringe but popular at the same time. She is not that other female pianist I cannot think of. Oh yes Tori Amos, she is not Tori Amos. But they are linked in a similar directory.

Elliot Spitzer? There must be some connection. I don’t just hear his voice, I see his face, see him making a public apology.

The song I was thinking about Her is about a lost wallet. I still want to call her Vera. Or Nora. But not Nora Jones.

The song I like about the lost wallet is also on a cd with that woman I like a lot whom my sister also likes, the Maneater song about the killer whale, and long long ago I saw her in a tiny bar in Bellingham and got to sit so close to her, oh yes Neko Case. So great to be that close to the music.

Elliot Spitzer.
Are you both New Yorkers? Are you Jewish? Why do you overlap in one of my filing systems.

Oh woman singer Vera Elena Helena Rubinstein Emma Golda Meir Roberta Flack Starry Night Van Gogh do you know where I am coming from Elliot Spitzer. Woman what is thy name?

The wallet, by….?

Vera Goldstein

Ruby Clementine. No, further off. Max. Max? Maxine Star? Definitely not.

Ok Elliot Spitzer.

Escarole.

I ask my mate if he knows any young Russian women who sing and play the piano.
He laughs and says, “No. But I am sure there are a bunch of them.”

Vera Bradley Wang.
Ellen Spaetzle Degeneres. Jones. Quincy cataract complicit character wallet elliot spitzer vera nabokova butterfly lost wallet maneater alligator.

Ok Voila! While I was in the shower, the shower waterfall often helps, I kept hearing my brain saying Roberta Flack Roberta Roberta Roberta Elliot Spitzer, and then I could sort of see the singer's face and hear her music, and I got the name
Regina Spektor.

Regina Spektor.

Elliot Spitzer. Robert Flack.

Regina Spektor.


Tuesday 6-7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment