Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dr Ponti June 7, 2011


Dr. Ponti

6-7-11

It was just supposed to be another blood draw for the second hormone panel but I was so ill and she is so kind and professional that it turned into an appointment.

I was up all night with crackling head and the right and Left side were hurting, like a pair of wounded animals and so I just could not sleep.

There was this strange and terrible coursing sensation, its like some weird pulse, pulsing that is not my own really and it was just shooting pressure up into my head. It made me wonder if I had a tumor in my heart, or somewhere mid section, just something, some endocrine type tissue that spontaneously misbehaves.

Is it the lymph body? It is like the circulatory system but not exactly.

Does the chicken or egg come first?

Because Friday, three days ago I had the neurological episode, and then as we get closer to period, pain and weirdness increases.

So after Friday’s neuro blacking out 3-4 hour episode, I wrote that quick note to Dr. Raab and Dr. Ponti that I think I need more imaging of that right side head, because it seems like I am just going to blow out, so I took that to Dr. Ponti today.

She was concerned because I was in pain and hadn’t slept. I did drug myself with Benadryl at 4 am and then slept 4 hours, hitting the snooze button for 45 minutes before I could even wake up.

So my bp was at 130/100. It is rising. My temp was normal. My head pain today is not severe.

Oh and last night I had considered taking Imitrex but with the weird coursing in body and strange pressured sensations I was afraid to take it.

And I wonder about this being a musculoskeletal disease on some level, as my feet so often hurt and for a small moment this morning I thought my head was not in pain, a blessed absence, but then as I began to have my day and turn my head side to side and chew etc, it got angrier.

What is wrong with my bones and muscles?

So anyway, Dr. Ponti is so Present. She was concerned and says she thinks maybe I should have an MRA next, which looks at the blood vessels.

And she is faxing my letter down to Dr. Raab and hoping to consult with her.

We got blood out of me, after some painful challenges, and finally using the large veins down near my left wrist. I leave bandaged up but at least feeling I have two doctors very much on my side. We shall see what they say. I wonder about going on steroids again. They didn’t make the pain go away, and they had some side effects, but at least they helped me stand the pain better.

No comments:

Post a Comment