Monday, February 14, 2011

Quiddity Cupidity


Happy Valentine’s Day.

I wish you all love.

The weather gave me the most tremendous present. Warmth! I still wore two pairs of wool socks and heavy boots out into the day but I left my heaviest jacket hanging in the closet and put on something lighter. I wanted to feel the day, not bundle in my fleece and faux fur cocoon. I wanted to come out and play.

The branches of trees and bushes are trying to rise up and regain their shape as their burden of snow is lifting.

The osprey soars over the thawing waters.

Are the fish waking up from a dream?


Puddles of pure joy

I sat on the bench at the pond with the warm wind blowing across me and I felt such serenity. I wish you serenity.

The tom cats have ceased fighting, the winner Goodness declared,
(though I would not be surprised if kittens in all shapes and colors came out of the female cat), but today the Canada geese are standing tall and waling on each other with their wings and biting each other’s necks. Why must nature beat the pulp out of itself?


The oak trees are shedding their leaves in preparation for what is to come.

I heard a bird sing some warm weather notes.

Oh, and my Beloved got me a snow leopard. I imagine it out there in the wilds, feeling the wind across its face and the snow beneath its paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment