Thursday, March 31, 2011

Up late with tea and doughnuts


The head won’t allow sleep so I won’t allow it.
That makes no sense! Hmm, I was up all night again and that leads to twisted thought.

I slept this morning though and then I watched 4 hours (4 Hours!) of science television about people with strange neurological conditions. I could not get enough of it, and when it came to the man who could not identify a giraffe, I wept.

For him and for me.

Am glad to report that I made it to the yoga, magic, and painting event on Friday and was honored to join ten feisty women in a large room where we made a huge colorful mess. The yoga, though so gentle, was hard on my body, but the last hour of painting I was in a blissful state where I did not feel any of my pain. Ah, painting…

I was then supposed to go to NYC the next day but was too sick to go. Spent all of Saturday recuperating with heating packs and ibuprofen. My mate is so kind and we took the train to NYC on Sunday where we ended up in an interesting dialogue with a homeless man at St. Francis church, and there were pigeons and a Greek parade and we went to see art at the Frick and we ate and walked and enjoyed the city and each other and then climbed the stairs into the very Gothic St. Patrick’s cathedral and I enjoyed the light and the flickering candles. (This image is the window above the door where we entered.) It was the Third Sunday of Lent, the Celebration of the Eucharist. We stayed for part of the service and then rejoined the street. Came home with a prized box of a dozen krispi kremes.

I was tired and went to bed before midnight but less than an hour later my head had me up and I had pins and needles on my right side so I had to move around a while. I have to roam to stay comfortable.
.
Alas, for that and other reasons I was unable to join the ladies for this evening’s presentation on Haiti. A disappointment and I endeavor to go and see them as soon as I am able.

I rescheduled the EEG also. First we thought my mate was going to be out of town and it would be better if I were not home alone after it, and then I thought that it may be just too much for my poor little brain to take this week.

I had the saddest bittersweet Sophie’s Choice sort of thought. What if the test I am waiting on really will show something, what if it did show porphyria, and then it turns out it was from my father’s side, and not from my mother’s as I have imagined? This would mean my poor father who suffered so had never even been diagnosed or helped, and it also means that the info I receive would not help my mother and baby brother.

Did I share with you my jubilant news? That I just learned that now there is a DNA test for porphyria? It is several thousand dollars but I am thinking of getting it done, unless the neurologist has come up with something else. Do you think I can hold a special Bake Sale-Car Wash for DNA Testing?!

I have also still been wondering what that was that happened to me when Dr. Chenitz pushed on my head. He has used diagnosis codes 729.1 and 784 for myalgia and myositis, pain in the cranial region. Does that cover it? What is going on there, on the inside?

My mate and I are facing possible relocation and so my mind swirls with thoughts and wonderings.

It has occurred to me that I need to reconnect with some of my wisest women and to that end I have thought on Jessica and Alexandra and Bette and Leslie. (And there’s Mary and Laura and…)

Thankfully I am in touch already with the mom and sisters and girlfriends and these new healers in my life.

And I have thought on you. Thank You for being here.

I know some things, like when I need to dance on something.
I need to dance on some of my issues.

Wearing deer antlers and the moon, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment