Tuesday, March 8, 2011

780.2


Someday it’s all going to be over folks~Make sure you wore enough glitter.

Let the good times roll! Happy Fat Tuesday!

I bee-lined for the bourbon.

I know I sound like a mad drunk or at least a loose lush but the truth is none of it really makes it down the hatch. My head doesn’t like it. Boring old head. But I did bee line for the bourbon for I intend to make a king cake with a bourbon sauce.

Yes, that sounds good. Don’t you think?

By the way, do you know what 780.2 is?
It’s the ICD 9 code many of the doctors used on my insurance and lab slips in the Fall.
It is accurate.
780.2 means syncope and collapse.
Blackout, fainting.

That is me, syncope and collapse.

It is very cold outside but still the bulbs are rising up.
Shouldn’t I too be able to rise up in the cold?

There are three adorable kittens sleeping in the garage and a dog who doesn’t understand why his walk is so late.

The mate will be treated to lemony chicken saltimbocca.

The church bells have ceased to ring at 6 pm.

Tomorrow I go to see a woman named Olympia at the Lasting Pain Relief Center. I am hopeful about her and her myofascial release technique because she was so kind on the phone.

For a few minutes this morning I felt quite well. As soon as I feel well I get excited and plan a life. “Oh,” I think, “I can teach a class at the learning center, humor writing, that is the next class I want to teach. And I can volunteer at the food bank!” I get very excited, a life!

But feeling good doesn’t last very long, just long enough to get me to the gas station and grocery store where I wonder the aisles and realize I feel seasick, my head feels like it is rocking, dizzy, pain builds up in right side, it begins to be hard to see out of my right eye. I become less efficient, mentally and physically.

If you ambulated with ease today give thanks. Do not take this for granted. Now that I am seasick and unsteady on my feet, I realize I had assumed I would always have land legs and perhaps, yes, a steady mind. Take nothing for granted.

So tomorrow Olympia, and my confidence in her, because she so kindly said, “I would love to help you.”

Isn’t that so nice to hear.

And I tried to get in at the Montefiore Headache Center in NYC but they are booked until July, and after April no longer accepting my insurance. But the receptionist was so helpful and said they have two neurologists next door they refer to and she took the time to input me in their system and set me up to see a woman neurologist on short notice, this Thursday.

I hope I am well enough to drive myself to the Bronx. And back.

Here is hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment