Monday, March 28, 2011

Halo and horns


I am up to my halo and horns in medical bills and unanswered questions.

It is like I am running the world’s most depressing country.
Ok, maybe Japan has that distinction right now. So sorry for your suffering Japan.
Libya, Syria, the Sudan, and many others not having so much fun either.

My mail enrages me. That can’t be good! Well, Chase Bank irritates me by charging me a ten dollar fee for my checking account balance dipping below a thousand dollars, but I will just take my money out and put it under the pillow. A credit union is my primary banking experience and they are a delight. The banks seem to have all become parasitic. You keep your money there and they charge you for having less than a thousand dollars with them. Bye bye Chase.

What angered me was a bill from the Doctor Who Yelled At Me.
So I spent some time on the phone with the office manager Carol who was concerned and professional and handled the situation to my satisfaction. Case closed. I just hope and pray that that doctor does not abuse someone else who goes to her in pain.

I can still hear her voice yelling in my head, “Why are you asking why? Why are you asking why?” and the weird dismissive shrug, as she yelled, “You are 40 and you have muscle pain. You are pointing at your muscle.”

What is wrong with my head? What is going on the right side? Aneurysm? Abscess? Infection? Pinched nerve? Broken bone? Torn ligament? Tumor? Mystery guest?

There are moments when I rise above the shock and pain of the past few years, and my mind in trying to find an answer really does think I must have been in some horrendous accident, shot in the head by an arrow at close range, or the victim of a bear attack, or something, and no one wants to tell me. Yes that sounds strange and paranoid but it’s like the mind was going along minding its own business, when something terrible happened to the body.

It’s like the mind was a sea urchin and its shell got crushed and crunched, and systems are down, and it cannot figure out what happened, but it is not able to function as it once did. Poor perplexed sea urchin.

I don’t want to be my own doctor. I am hoping Dr. Raab will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment