Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Snow was Blue


It snowed so much it snew.

It has snowed and snowed and snowed, and then it has snowed again.
We have shoveled and shoveled and shoveled, and then shoveled again.

A snowman has been born in every yard.
I love the old fashioned carrot noses and the eloquent sticks for arms.

And the maybe nineteen inches of snow we got yesterday and today was magic and blue, like a present from the glacial North Pole.

So the joy of my morning was the unhurried shoveling of blue snow beneath the blue sky.
Also, the failed attempt at sculpting a rhino out of the white stuff.
And then, more shoveling.

A sweet smiling Latino man, shovel over shoulder, called out to me,
“Miss? Help You?”
And I smiled back and said “No Thanks,” though I am so grateful for his presence here.

And he helps remind me of more of my goals for this year, now that I am really entering 2011.

Practice some Spanish.
Go to a dentist.
Catch and spay the feral kitten we call Kaboodle/Fox.
Get a car.
Come see you!

What is it that you will do?

No comments:

Post a Comment