Monday, February 8, 2010

Trashed Voodoo Doll


Let me tell how it went with the puppy.
One of us could not be trained.

Today was colder than I thought. The sun lured me out without enough layers but I walked a long time through suburbia anyway. Three lovely teenage girls with straight flowing tresses blowing in the wind, like three princesses, all stopped to ooh and ahh at the puppy. And the puppy rewarded the princesses by collapsing into an eighty-five pound pile of fur and sprinkling pee on their feet.

I have a new symptom. Muscle twitches. It started with two weeks of my left thumb twitching. Now it has moved to my lower right leg. I feel like those sad dissected frogs who are splayed on their backs and attached to an electrical supply.

Is it because I stopped taking calcium? I was loathe to quit but the doctor wanted me to stop so I could do a baseline lab. But I feel better on calcium so I am starting it again as soon as my blood is drawn in a few weeks. Right now I am building up my blood.

Did someone find my voodoo doll? Had the last tormentor thought it was finally lifeless and pitched it like a ragdoll in the trash?

Was my limp rag voodoo doll struck by lightning as it lay in the gutter?

At least our defenses are much higher right now. When I got the foreign object in my gelato (something akin to a metal pubic hair) I recoiled but was mainly just glad I hadn’t swallowed it, and I continued to very very carefully dig through the last few bites of chocolate and pistachio with my tiny pink spoon. The gelato was that delicious. I am mailing the metal shard to the cafĂ©, but letting them know there are no hard feelings.

But why is my leg twitch twitch twitching?

Maybe it wants to go somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment